Simple Practice Tips
We hope to offer you some easy tips to practice at home or on the go! Most are available to the general public, however, when you become a part of the Mariposas Family, we try our best to not only offer fun, quality classes and camps, but to also provide families with additional avenues to practice our Spanish lessons outside of the classroom. Below, you will find many ways you can experience the language and its culture. It is our hope that you will find one that works best for your family!
FOR ALL INTERESTED:
1. Mariposas Music in Spanish for Kids –
Listen to our favorite songs at home! We have two albums, Cha Cha Cha! and our newest album Celebrando con Mariposas! (created by former member of Grupo Fantasma, Adrian Quesada)
Both albums include some of the top favorites from our classes and are created and produced by local musicians with catchy Latin Rhythms!! You can purchase online.
2. YouTube Basic Spanish Lessons –
Subscribe to our YouTube page to view videos we have created of basic lessons/vocabulary that are Montessori based and include songs.
3. Our Kids Spanish APP – Spanish School Bus
We’ve teamed up with Chungaboo to create an interactive Montessori based Spanish APP. The app, recognized as top three Spanish APPS by Latina Magazine, goes through levels of basic vocabulary and includes games and music videos with some of our favorite songs.
And coming soon, the next level- verbs & conjugations!
4. Recommended Monthly Bilingual Events –
Our monthly e-newsletter and website will both provide you with family friendly monthly bilingual/cultural events around town. It is wonderful that your child is taking Spanish, but experiencing the culture and hearing the language outside of class is of great importance as well. We are lucky to have so many opportunities in Austin.
5. Read books in Spanish! We love the books that Cuentology offers for all levels. They are a local Austin business with great taste in books. Please visit their site and let them know we sent you!
6. Teaching Material- Available soon! Mariposas will soon have flashcards, posters and worksheets for sale to schools, educators & families!!
ALSO AVAILABLE TO OUR MARIPOSAS FAMILIES:
1. Parent Lesson Log In– http://mariposasspanish.com/lessonlogin
This section of our website offers an easy way for parents to find and print out the lessons/vocabulary for the month. In the monthly lesson document, you will find the weekly vocabulary, the books we are reading, and suggestions for how to practice at home. In the parent log in area, you will also be able to download and listen to our song of the month.
2. Class pictures and videos- You can look at current class pictures and videos so you can see what is happening each month. These can be found on our:
Website gallery- http://mariposasspanish.com/students
Facebook page- https://www.facebook.com/mariposas.spanish.school
Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/mariposasspanish/ (@mariposasspanish)
About our lessons: Mariposas strives to provide current, exciting and engaging lessons to all our students thus we create each lesson based on the child’s interest and current events. We have a member on staff that creates our posters, flashcards and worksheets for curriculum. We are very proud of this and find that it makes a difference when teaching.
Be on the look out! Soon: Flashcards and posters will be available for purchase.
See our Vision & Mission Statement!