Teacher Training & Consultation
Director | Instructor | Consultant
Yvette has been a children’s Spanish teacher and trainer for over 16 years. She is the owner and Director of Mariposas Spanish School since 1999. Yvette has a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing and Spanish Literature from UT Austin and is a Certified Montessori Instructor (AMS). She has trained many teachers that now have their own successful programs/classrooms.
Currently, Yvette is holding private workshops and consulting schools with their Spanish programs. If you would like to schedule a workshop for your school or individual teachers, please contact Yvette. Workshop prices vary based on location, time and amount of teachers.
Upcoming Public Workshop:
Songs & Games-May 5th, 2017, 10am-2pm
$200 or $175 if you sign up by April 23rd!
Contact email@example.com for more details or if you are attending.
Need a little help with your Spanish program? Or do you just want to make your life easier? Mariposas can help! We provide training and guidance for:
- Schools or teachers that need help establishing a Spanish program
- Schools or organizations that need assistance with training Spanish teachers.
- Curriculum development (includes teaching material that is teacher tested, student approved).
Teacher Training & Workshops
Teaching Spanish to young children is fun and easy. You just have to have the right tools, songs, games and lessons to capture each child’s attention while only speaking Spanish. Here are workshops that can be offered for groups, schools or individuals.
- Songs and games that work! Learn how to introduce songs and games while incorporating basic phases. In our training, you will learn lyrics, hand movements (sign language), and basic phrases for each level: beginner-intermediate, toddler to Elementary.
- Circle/Story Time Workshops: Know which books and stories truly help the children learn Spanish. Learn to use Spanish books to get your lesson across, teach the vocabulary clearly and keep each student’s attention.
- Teaching materials that work! Flashcards, Montessori lessons, props- we have hundreds of materials to share plus how to use them in the best way to truly teach the language.
- Class structure development: After 15 years, we have fine – tuned a class structure that interests all students and makes it easy for the teacher to lesson plan. It incorporates different methods and philosophies that make class exciting and simple for children to learn the language.
- Discipline: Learn different simple methods that keep the class in control and listening instead of being bored and out of control.
Teacher Training & Consultation:
Live trainings in person or via email/phone/skype available view session lengths/options below. These rates are for private teacher trainings and consultation.
“The Mariposas workshops have been critical to our success with Early Elementary Spanish at The Girls’ School of Austin. In each class, songs, dances, and rhymes are used to engage the girls. The workshop ideas for teaching vocabulary and conversation with props have worked well also. The girls love Spanish and go home singing the songs!”
-Josie, Spanish Teacher, Girls’ School of Austin
Utilize our library of resources to maximize your training or instruction in the classroom. The same materials Mariposas’ utilize & have been proven to work. See our options below:
Observations, Song Workshops, & Lesson Trainings are also available see the options below: