Mariposas Spanish School would like to invite you to volunteer with us! Mariposas is a small local business that has been offering Spanish classes to children ages 2-10 years since 1999. We are a group of dedicated traveling teachers that bring Spanish learning to students at private and public schools. We create our own lessons and materials exclusively for our students. In our classes, we promote fun-filled learning with an emphasis on culture and respect of all individuals
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Teacher’s Assistant and/or Office Assistant!
We are searching for young individuals that are interested in gaining work experience. The hours can be anywhere from 3-10 hours per week with holiday breaks. Work is mainly Monday-Friday with one Saturday a month being optional.
- Teacher’s Assistant: Will work in the classroom assisting the lead teacher with students includes -reading, singing, playing games, helping with writing and comprehension.
- Office Assistant: Will work in the office to help create classroom material and help promote our program- lessons, classes, students, etc. via website and social media
- Native Spanish Speaker (or close).
- Must love working with children ages 2-5 and/or 5-10 and have an general understanding of the Latin culture.
- Office Assistant: Proficient with Mac OSX, Social Media (Facebook, Google+, YouTube, etc.)
What do you get? Experience.
- Experience working with children, improved communication skills with children and adults, team collaboration, hands on work with a small yet rapidly growing local business.
- Experience with marketing, graphic design & website updating.
- The opportunity to make a difference in children’s lives.
- The opportunity to be hired as part of the Mariposas team!!
Email your resume along with a description of yourself (including your educational background, relevant experience with children, hobbies and vision).
Subject: “Mariposas Volunteer Position”.