2019 – 2020 Schools
Mariposas’ unique curriculum is one of kind. It has been crafted and finely tuned after many years of research, trial and success. Our program has had such great results that other teachers and language schools now use our methods when teaching Spanish.
1. Our curriculum is progressive and incorporates different teaching methods such as Total Physical Response, the Natural Approach, the Montessori Method, Sign Language, and the Seven Intelligences.
2. Mariposas’ curriculum is structured, yet it also allows the child’s mood, ideas, imagination and questions to lead the class. The class is about having fun without any pressure, so the children can establish a positive association with learning a new language.
3. Mariposas always meets children at their level. Depending on their age and learning ability, different teaching methods involving kinesthetic, visual, musical and mathematical approaches are used to make learning easy for everyone. Reading and spelling is also taught as each child is ready.
4. The lessons for our classes are unique in that they are custom made by our Mariposas Curriculum Design Team. Our art projects, worksheets, flashcards and posters are all designed specifically for our students. In addition to the children learning the basics, our lessons also introduce the children to science, history, geography, math, practical life, and latin traditions- all in Spanish!
5. Mariposas holds small classes, as to provide individual attention to each student, allowing them to fully experience the Spanish language.
6. In Mariposas Spanish School, the students are acquiring Spanish language skills, in addition to, learning respect, cultural traditions, and gaining an overall understanding of other people, thus opening many possibilities for their future.
Through Mariposas Spanish School, you can choose where you would like your child to take classes.
This option is for ages 2.5 – 10 with classes once or twice a week. If you would like the Mariposas Program at your child’s school, day care or community center, please have your director contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
We have over 20 years experience working with schools, their teachers and directors. We understand the importance of each school’s schedule and rules. Our teachers always strive to accommodate and respect the daily flow so that Spanish classes are a positive addition to each school.
Feel free to contact the school directors for references.
If we are not at your school, your child can always join classes that are open to all students. There are several classes around town that your child can attend. Below are the locations, days and time.
This option is great for beginners and for those continuing their Spanish education.
Please contact email@example.com for the class schedule or to organize a new class.
There are ongoing classes at the Mariposas classroom for ages 3-5 and 6-10. These classes are open to the public.
We can come to you! Organize a Spanish group with friends and neighbors. Find at least six friends, pick a day and time and we will bring Spanish classes to your house once a week.
Note: This option is limited to the availability of teachers.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org to create a new class!
It’s fun! It’s educational! It’s immersion in Spanish and the Latin culture. Your child will be exposed to cooking, music & dance, art, literature and much more. Camps are held in early June & August. Weekly sessions are available. Please visit our “Summer Camp” section and don’t forget to check our calendar or news pages for further information.
Mariposas is a hands-on, thematically organized program that allows children ages 2-10 to learn Spanish through Montessori lessons, music, literature, games, visual aids, sign language, art and beyond.
All of our classes are geared towards each student’s age and level and are full immersion.
If you do not find a class day or time that works for you, please reach out to us. We may be able to help you find an alternative: email@example.com
See our 2019 – 2020 Mariposas Classes below!
See our 2019 – 2020 Central Austin Mariposas Classes below! Click on a school to learn more.
See our 2019 – 2020 East Austin Mariposas Classes below! Click on a school to learn more.
See our 2019 – 2020 South Austin Mariposas Classes below! Click on a school to learn more.