Tuition listed below applies for most classes.
Please visit each class location for complete class information & specific tuition.
1. There is a $55 annual registration fee due with the first month’s tuition by the first day of class.
2. Additional fees may apply: Facility Use Fees, AISD Facility Fee, Family Class Fee, Online Payment Fee, Late Fee, etc.
3. Tuition for all Mariposas Classes can be paid monthly, per semester (fall or spring), or for the year.
4. Tuition checks may also be mailed to our office:
3407 Red River St.
Austin, TX 78705
Tuition checks are made payable to “Mariposas Spanish School” with child’s name and class location on memo section.
5. There is a $10 late fee for payments received after the 5th of the month.
Mariposas teachers are not responsible for delivering any payments to the Mariposas office.
1. First month’s tuition and annual registration fee are due on or before your child’s first day of class.
2. Tuition is paid monthly or by semester.
3. Tuition is due by the 5th of each month. There will be a $10 late after this day.
4.The annual registration fee is $55 per school year. It is non-refundable.
5. Payments can be made by credit card online with a small convenience fee. To go around the fee, you can also pay by check. All checks are made payable to “Mariposas Spanish School” with child’s name & class location on the memo section.
6. Checks must be mailed or placed in the appropriate box/envelope at your child’s school. Mariposas Spanish School is not responsible for lost or stolen checks. Please do not give to teachers.
7. Tuition is based on approximately four (4) lessons for Mariposas Grandes/Grandes Plus and approximately 7-8 lessons for Mariposas Chiquitas/Enormes, with the exception of September, December and May, approximately 6-7 classes are offered for Chiquitas/Enormes & 3-4 classes for Grandes/Grades Plus.
Any classes missed by the student will not be refunded or reduced.
8. First tuition payment will be prorated if a child’s first class is after the beginning of the month.
9. Mariposas Spanish School runs on an A.I.S.D Holiday schedule. Classes will only be prorated if cancelled by the instructor. Check the Mariposas Calendar for school holidays. For the A.I.S.D calendar click on www.austin.isd.tenet.edu
10. If your withdrawal is done while the month has started, there will be no refund issued unless it is the student’s first month of classes. And the refund will be prorated based on the amount of classes attended that month. (We will consider special circumstances.)
11. There is a $15 administration fee for all refunded checks.
12. There is a $25 fee for all returned checks
1. If your child misses class, please contact Mariposas to find out if there is a make-up class available. Due to class logistics, most locations do not have make-up classes if a child misses.
2. If your child will be out of class for a full month (i.e vacation, etc.), the enrollment manager must be informed two weeks prior to the end of the previous month so that you are not charged for the month that you will be out. If the class has a wait list, the full month’s tuition must be paid to hold the space.
3. If class is cancelled due to school events, inclement weather, or holidays, no make-up will be held.
4. If class is cancelled by a Mariposas teacher, a make-up class date will be announced. If there is no make-up there will be a refund for the missed class.
5. A minimum of six (6) students must be enrolled to maintain the class.
6. Refunds are not issued for non-attendance of a class.
7. A student may withdraw at any time by submitting a notice via email two weeks prior the end of the month to firstname.lastname@example.org. A $25 fee will be added to late notices.
8. Day Camp Policy: There are NO REFUNDS or transfers for Day Camps.
9. Summer Camp Policy: Please see each camp policy prior to registration on the registration page.
1. Prior to class: Parents/Caregivers must leave students in the care of a Mariposas teacher. No child can be left unattended before class. At Elementary schools where students walk to their after school class, parents/children are responsible for making sure each student arrives to class. Please inform your child’s homeroom teacher so arrangements can be made for the transition from after school to Spanish. Mariposas teachers do not pick up children from Easy Care or their home classroom unless previous arrangements are made.
2. If your child is to be picked up by someone other than yourself (parent), please provide a note or send an email to your child’s teacher.
3. All students must be picked up on time. There will be late fees charged for frequent late pick- ups. $1/minute.
4. Parents may observe a class by appointment or on specified parent observation days.
By enrolling your child in our program, we assume you have agreed to our Waiver of Liability and Policy.
I am the parent of __________________________ (“my child”) who I would like to attend the Mariposas Spanish School for Kids, LLC program. I understand that there will be tasting of new foods from time to time and physical activity such as outdoor games & movement that could result in injury or illness.
By signing this form, I agree to release Mariposas Spanish School for Kids, LLC, the facility being used, and its associates from any and all liability connected with the program. I understand that these activities include outdoor games and indoor activities such as dancing, cooking, and using materials for art. In case of any accident, I have left my emergency contact information. If I cannot be contacted, I allow persons associated with Mariposas Spanish School Kids or the director of the facility/school my child attends, to choose the proper medical treatment necessary. In the event of a medical emergency, I will be financially responsible for any expense involved.
In consideration of being permitted to Spanish class, on behalf of myself, my family, my heirs and my assigns, I hereby release Mariposas Spanish School for Kids or Mariposas Spanish School, its volunteers and contractors from liability for injury, loss or death to the above-mentioned participant while using any facility and its equipment now or in the future, resulting from the ordinary negligence of Mariposas Spanish School and its associates. Furthermore, I agree to allow Mariposas Spanish School to photograph and/or video my child for educational and promotional purposes without any compensation to my child or myself.