Join the Mariposas Team!
Want to join a professional growing organization that is local and committed to quality classes for children? We are always looking for great team members that want to make a difference in the lives of others and believe in the importance of community, teaching, and cultural awareness.
Mariposas is not currently hiring. However, we always welcome volunteers or interns to train with us and start a teaching career!
To apply: Send resume, position of interest and cover letter.
Mariposas Spanish School is currently searching for the perfect teacher to collaborate with us! Mariposas is a small local business that has been offering Spanish classes to children ages 2-10 years since 1999. We are a group of dedicated traveling teachers that bring Spanish learning to students at private and public schools. We create our own lessons and materials exclusively for our students. In our classes, we promote fun-filled learning with an emphasis on culture and respect of all individuals.
Please reach out to us if you would like to teach with Mariposas. Please read below for more information on our teaching position.
Mariposas is looking for interns who will train to eventually teach with Mariposas. The perfect candidate must be a native Spanish speaker and have some experience with children ages 2-10. This is a great opportunity for someone who is pursuing a bilingual degree in education and wants to join a growing and innovative program.
We are currently looking for interns to begin training immediately for part time to full time work beginning fall 2022.
Below is a link to a video of one of our classes! If interested, please submit your resume to: email@example.com
Mariposas Spanish School would like to invite you to volunteer with us! Mariposas is a small local business that has been offering Spanish classes to children ages 2-10 years since 1999. As a volunteer, you will get to learn all about our program, our curriculum and experience the magic that happens in a classroom. You will get teaching experience and so much more!
Please reach out to us if you would like to volunteer in the classroom or office. It is our hope that our volunteers become part of the Mariposas team as teachers, assistants or administration.
About our Positions
Lead Spanish Teacher: POSITION FILLED
We are currently hiring a native Spanish speaker with teaching experience specifically with children ages 2-8. We are a fun & supportive team whose purpose is to teach while having fun! Buckle up as we enjoy traveling to different locations to share our language with children. You don’t have to be stuck in the classroom all day, and you can enjoy Austin’s scenery as you go to classes. The position can be part time or full time. Training begins in May or Summer 2022. Schedules are flexible. All hours are M-F.
- Native Spanish Speaker (or close)
- Must love working with children ages 2-8 and have a general understanding of the Latin culture.
- 2-3 years experience working with children. Otherwise, apply for assistant/intern position.
- Must be open to learning about our program and receiving constructive feedback.
- Qualities: Creative, Fun, Responsible, Self-Motivated, Team player & Organized.
- Must have reliable transportation & enjoy driving.
- Pre-employment background check is required.
- Part time: 10-25 hrs/wk Full time: 25-35 hours.wk
- Compensation: Based on experience.
Teacher’s Assistant and/or Office Assistant!
We are searching for young individuals that are interested in gaining work experience. The hours can be anywhere from 3-10 hours per week with holiday breaks. Work is mainly Monday-Friday with one Saturday a month being optional.
Teacher’s Assistant: Will work in the classroom assisting the lead teacher with students includes -reading, singing, playing games, helping with writing and comprehension. It is our hope that Teacher Assistants will become lead teachers when ready.
Office Assistant: Will work in the office to help create classroom material and help promote our program- lessons, classes, students, etc. via website and social media.
- Native Spanish Speaker (or close)
- Must love working with children ages 2-5 and/or 5-10 and have a general understanding of the Latin culture.
- Office Assistant: Proficient with Mac OSX, Social Media (Facebook, Google+, YouTube, etc.)
What do you get? Experience.
- Experience working with children, improved communication skills with children and adults, team collaboration, hands on work with a small yet rapidly growing local business.
- Experience with marketing, graphic design & website updating.
- The opportunity to make a difference in children’s lives.
- The opportunity to be hired as part of the Mariposas team!!